Friday, September 18, 2009

Blessed

I was corrected, well over many years ago, by a relative of a relative that I was not lucky...I was blessed. I think the conversation went something like this, "I am lucky that I did not get caught speeding on my way home to beat curfew". She informed me that I was very blessed to have made it home safely before curfew (especially if I had been speeding).

Since that moment...many years ago, I have vigorously fought the urge to use the commonplace term, "lucky". Recognizing that you are blessed is very enlightening and it can be in everyday events like the sunrise or monumental moments where your blessings are compounded by the fear, hurt and/or illness of others.

I counted my blessings when I saw so many very ill patients at a hospital on a recent visit. I also hoped that each person I passed would be blessed with an awesome day and take stock of their own blessings....count them one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy