Thursday, October 29, 2009

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

For the approaching holiday season, I always created a bulletin board outside of my classroom door titled with this theme. Teaching 4th grade allowed for so much creativity and I usually got right in the middle of the madness when it came to decorating. It has been several years since I was able to use my holiday season theme outside of a classroom for all to see. So, this year I want to express a few of my favorite things.

Despite the obvious things we should all be thankful for and love...A few of my other favorites include:

1. Big and bright green and red Christmas decorations (if it looks like Dr. Suess' "The Grinch",
I'm loving it)
2. Zip ties and shop owners who share (more on this in the next post)
3. Gossamer and tulle (covers a multitude of ugly)
4. Watching ladies shop while their husbands try to look as equally enthused
5. Sunday Football
6. Cooler (not colder) weather
7. Halloween parties (when they are over and the kiddos take a nap)
8. Birthday dinner (on time or late...yummy)
9. Finding my shoes after the dogs hid them
10. County fairs

My favorite things will change...but two things will never: wonderful family and super special friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy