Thursday, October 29, 2009

Holiday Market

Diddi has taught Robin and I many lessons over the years. These lessons ranged from minor to monumental and some we accepted and others we balked at until we conceded a loss. On Monday, Robin and I used one life lesson we learned early...pack like rats and stuff where you cannot stuff anymore.

We had a Holiday Market on Monday and Tuesday of this week. This market was a venue for tons of holiday shopping with Christmas music, oversized decorations, tons of color and lights and shoppers...oh my! Getting to the show was a most interesting event and our stringently honed packing skills came into play. It was flooding while we packed up and we had to stuff things in places we didn't know existed, made it to our destination, unpacked (with the gracious help of kind people who seemed very apprehensive as we looked like drowned rats), and got started working magic. We needed some decorating magic as our space was horrible, like a budget hotel room from the 80's horrible...grey and maroon and navy (seriously).

As for one of my favorite things: vendors who share (and our neighbor did...thank you iron works lady) and zip ties. Another favorite: gossamer and tulle they covered more than ugly this week. Our space was transformed into a precious shop full of all things boutique for girls, babies and even some funky fashion minded women!

I will post some pictures later, but we had fun...laughed a great deal and realized that even when they bring their husbands, ladies love to shop! We are very thankful we have jumped into this venture as it was a stress relief even when we were stressed.

1 comment:

  1. I still have all of the gossomer left over from my wedding (on that HUGE roll) and I'd love to donate it to Doodle Designs!!! I don't ever plan to marry again (haha!), so I doubt I'd ever use it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy