Monday, July 27, 2009

Go, Go, Go RV-ing

Okay, I admit the RVing trend does not typically apply to me. I always joke with my sweet husband that one day we will have an RV and go "leaf watching".
This weekend, we went RVing (okay horse trailer with live-in quarters is almost the same thing)with our friends to a park located on a beautiful lake with tall trees and nature surrounding us. I didn't really want to pack up and go because...well let's be honest, I am famous for list making and planning ahead (way ahead). Robin on the other hand is "give me five minutes and I will be ready"...fly by the seat of her pants is an understatement. It took me two days to decide if I really wanted to go and I finally caved when my darling children (mine and my niece) begged me to go.
As if the greatest decision of my life was looming...I packed (cringed that my bags were not coordinated by person) and jumped in the vehicle. Keep in mind Robin was packed, loaded, and hooked up to the trailer before I packed the first thing.
It was a great get away with beautiful scenery and fun with friends and unexpected family joining us (I say family because Robin's husband and his family have sort of adopted us). I encourage everyone to visit their own state parks as it is a cheap trip and some of the most wonderful memories are made on spur of the moment occassions...no color coordination needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy