Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Small Strokes

We are making progress by small strokes...literally. We began swim lessons yesterday. Kylee loves water...is developing gills she swims so much. My little "dude" on the other fin hates the thought of swimming. So, off to the pool we go. As I picked up the two little munchkins from school mine is sick, crying sick and he insists he cannot swim due to his stomach ache. As I sat in the car and debated the mother of all issues...make him swim and stand my ground or give in to the sneaky stomach ache that creeps up so conveniently, I opted for tough love.

I actually did the right thing with my tough love and he was awesome. Kylee is really just there for support. She can swim, come up for air, dive for rings (although she is a little bottom heavy) and giggles with the enthusiasm kids are most cherished for. I was proud...proud of Kylee for telling Palmer to "be tough because it won't hurt you", for holding his hand as he walked towards the pool with absolute fear and cheered as he came up for air. I was proud of Palmer for trying and being proud of himself. I was also thankful that Randy and Regina continue to push our kiddos to love the water and respect its boundaries!

Robin has pool duty today...I wish her the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Graphic Design by Polka Dot Dandy